If you want to make apple oven pancake, the first thing to do is cleaning and removing blemishes on apples and chop to one quarter inch pieces or smaller. You need only 1 medium apple, peel and slice it. The next steps just follow the directions... While sugar need not be included, you couldn’t make this apple oven pancake with all wheat flour or it won’t make fleecy. (I’ve attempted.). An oven (apple) pancakes should be puffy and hollow! You can, nevertheless, make it with 50% white wheat and 50% all-purpose wheat flour. According to orginal of this apple oven pancake recipe, this is a recipe for 4, however I don’t know who can eat just a fourth of a pancake!!!
And here’s the easy yummy apple oven pancake recipe..
Yummy Apple Oven Pancake
- 1 / 2 cup whole milk
- 1 / 2 Tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 / 4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 / 4 cup white wheat flour
- 1 / 4 Tsp sea salt
- 1 apple, peeled and sliced (I’ve also used frozen sliced peaches)
- 2 (two) eggs
- 2 (two) tb butter
- dash cinnamon
- dash brown sugar (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Drop butter into a 9 inch pie pan or cast iron skillet of similar size and let it melt in the oven. Then tilt the pan to coat with butter.
- Place sliced apples into the melted butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon and brown sugar.
- In a medium sized bowl, beat eggs slightly and stir in milk.
- Add flour and salt just until blended.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until puffy and deep golden brown. Enjoy!
Your yummy apple oven pancake is done..