How to Make American Crockpot Shrimp and Grits Recipe. Served as a main dish. Non-vegetarian food. Speciality: Occasion - Dinner Party. Low in calories and low in carbohydrates.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 / 2 day
Yield: 4-6 Servings
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 1 / 2 cups quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 1 / 2 cup red pepper, diced
- 1 1 / 2 pound small shrimp, peeled and deveined, remove the vein
- 1 1 / 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (3 ounces)
- 1 1 / 2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese (3 ounces)
- 1 / 4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 / 4 c. teaspoon salt
- Combine chicken broth, salt and flour into crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Two hours before serving, saute the peppers, onions, garlic and shrimp in 2 tablespoons of butter until tender.
- Add this mixture to the crockpot with cheese, tomato, red pepper and cayenne, if using.
- Continue to cook up for another 2 hours.