- 175 g petits beurre biscuits
- 50 g butter
- 175 g sugar
- 500 low fat cottage cheese
- 6 leaves of gelatine
- 3 fresh eggs
- 1 tin of apricot halves (500 g)
- 100 g plain dark chocolate
- 0.5 dl espresso coffee
- 2 dl full cream
For one spring cake tin or one flan case 22 cm in diameter
Yield: 8–12 pieces
Preparation time: approx. 45 minutes
Total time: at least 6 hours to set
- Use a rolling pin to mash the Petits Beurres biscuits inside a plastic bag into fine pieces.
- Melt the butter.
- Add 25 g sugar and 2 dessert spoons of cottage cheese to the biscuits and mix well.
- Grease the sides of the spring cake tin or the flan case with a little butter, and line with a strip of grease proof paper.
- Place the tin on a flan tray.
- Spread the biscuit mixture evenly inside the ring.
- Press down well to make a base approximately 1 cm thick.
- Place the gelatine in cold water for 10 minutes.
- Separate the eggs.
- Stir the egg yolk with 75 g of sugar until frothy.
- Mix in the cottage cheese.
- Dissolve the gelatine in 2 dessert spoons of the cottage cheese mixture over a low heat. Stir into the rest of the cottage cheese mixture.
- Divide the mixture into two bowls.
- Drain the apricots, keep the juice on one side.
- Stir in 1 dl of the apricot juice into one of the cottage cheese mixtures.
- Break up the chocolate and dissolve the pieces in the espresso coffee over the lowest heat setting.
- Stir into the other cottage cheese mixture.
- Beat the egg white until stiff, gradually add 75 g of sugar to the mixture and continue stirring for a while.
- Fold half into each of the cottage cheese mixtures.
- Whip the cream until stiff and add one half to each of the cottage cheese mixtures.
- Pour the dark mixture onto the base.
- Put aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Place half of the apricots to one side for the decoration.
- Spread the apricots over the dark mixture.
- Smooth the light mixture over the top.
- Keep in the refrigerator for a minimum of 6 hours to set. Decorate with apricots.