I love the combination of Seafood and coconut milk, it is absolutely wonderful. This is one of my favorite Colombian seafood dishes.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 minced fresh garlic cloves
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 tablet fish bouillon
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 1 can (13.5 oz) coconut milk
- 1/3 white wine
- 2 pounds jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 2 pounds swordfish, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- In a large, saucepan over medium heat, warm the olive oil and butter.
- Add the onions, red pepper, garlic, green pepper and carrots and sauté, until tender and translucent, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add salt and pepper.
- Add the cream, fish bouillon, coconut milk; bring to a boil. Add seafood and cover reduce heat and cook about 2 minutes until clams open. Remove from heat; discard any unopened shells.
- Add the wine and tomato paste, simmer for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and parsley and serve hot