- 3 c. sifted flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/4 lb. suet, chopped, or 1/2 c. shortening
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tbsp water
- Sift the flour and salt into a bowl; cut in the butter with pastry blender, then cut in the suet or shortening.
- With a fork, stir in the egg and water, until a soft ball of dough forms.
- Divide in 2 pieces, one larger than the other.
- Roll out the large piece and line a 2 quart casserole with it.
- Wash kidneys and soak in cold water.
- Cut in half and remove the white core; slice.
- Toss together the kidneys, steak, mushrooms, onions, salt & pepper.
- Turn into the pastry lined casserole.
- Arrange the oysters over mixture, then pour in a mix of the wine and broth.
- Roll out remaining dough and cover casserole, sealing edges well.
- Cut a slit in top. Cut aluminum foil double the size of the casserole, butter it, and pleat it.
- Tie it over the casserole. Place casserole in large kettle, and add water to reach halfway up sides of casserole.
- Cover kettle, bring to boil and cook over low hear 6 hours.
- Add hot water as necessary to keep level halfway up. Serve directly from the casserole.
Serves 6 to 8.
- Korean Spinach Salad Recipe
- Korean Cucumber Salad Recipe
- Korean-Inspired Barbecued Butterflied Leg of Lamb
- Indonesian Spicy Beef Recipe
- Indonesian Chicken Fried With Chili Sauce Recipe
- Indonesian Fish in Peppery Gravy Recipe
- English Lamb With Garlic And Onion Sauce
- English Beef With Tomato Paste Recipe
- How to Make English Beef Prime Rib Recipe