I love both chunky and smooth soups, my mom on the other hand hates smooth soups and only likes chunky. I would love to know what kind of soups you prefer, chunky and rustic or smooth and creamy?
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, plus more for garnish
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- Chives for garnish
- Melt the butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium pot, over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the rest of the olive oil, mushrooms, garlic and thyme and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 7 minutes or until they are golden brown, stirring often.
- Add the flour and continue cooking for 2 minutes more.
- Add the chicken or vegetable stock and stir.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low an continue cooking for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the soup to a blender, or use an immersion blender, and puree the soup until smooth.
- Return the soup to the pot and add cream and cheese.
- Cook for about 5 minutes and season to taste.
- Laddle in bowls and add heavy cream and chives for garnish.
- Serve warm.